8 Reasons Why Blogs and Social Media Are Crucial for Any Business
Internet marketing is gaining popularity with each passing day. Numerous businesses and companies are gradually moving away from traditional marketing towards digital marketing.
The main reasons why people choose to advertise and promote their business or company online are:
- Investment is less, and the ROI is quite high.
- Through digital mediums, one can reach a large number of audiences within a short period.
- One can choose the target audience according to their brand.
There are countless other lucrative reasons which make digital marketing appealing. Companies from different niches have given a thumbs-up and have agreed that setting up an online presence is profitable and will provide positive results in the future. If you are a fresh start-up or a well-established firm, do work on setting up an excellent online presence as you do not want to be left behind in this digital age!
One of the most important tools of digital marketing is ‘content marketing.’ Content marketing is the process of curating original, engaging, and high-quality content and marketing it across various online channels like social media, search engines, e-mail, online advertisements, and many more.
Two main elements of content marketing that will help any business tremendously are blogs and great social media campaigns. Let us now understand in detail about blogs and social media and check out the need of blogs and the social media importance for business.
What are blogs and social media posts?
A blog is an informative post that is published on the website. The blog is a lengthy post (the word count generally ranges between 600-1000) and covers all the details about a particular topic. Blogs are published on the website to gain traffic and to provide information and news about the latest updates to the people!
For example, if you have a technology-based company, you can curate blogs on “Difference between AR and VR,” or “Best Mobile Phones under 20K” or any trending topic.
Make sure to use at least 2-3% keyword density and insert only relevant keywords. Give a catchy title and use ample subheadings to make the blog interesting. And do not forget to give a proper introduction and conclusion.
Now, let us understand why is social media important today? Most people have at least one or many social media accounts and are present on at least a couple of social media sites. This makes social media one of the best platforms to advertise or reach out to the target audience.
Some of the leading social media sites include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and many more. If you want to catch the user’s eye, make the content short and crisp, and use an attractive background image. Good copy lines and post lines will help your business page tremendously.
So now that the basics like what social media posts and blogs are have been covered, let us now focus on the need and importance of blogs and the importance of social media for business.
Benefits of social media for business and the importance of a blog on the website
Here are some of the benefits of investing in social media and blog posts to help your company grow on a digital medium. Both blogs and social media campaigns are crucial if you want to achieve a solid and noteworthy online presence.
Need and importance of blogs for business
- Educating your clients and customers: Blogs are posted on the internet to provide information. Blogs help in educating the customers and readers about the latest trend in the particular field. Posting blogs based on your business domain helps the reader connect with your business (products or services) better.
- Displays reliability and trustworthiness: Posting blogs frequently helps in improving the authenticity of the brand. Publishing engaging and well-researched content regarding your business domain enhances integrity and gives the reader a feeling that the company knows what they are doing. For example, if you sell clothes, post blogs frequently on trending fashion topics!
- Boost your rank on the search engine: Posting more blogs with good keyword density and proper format will improve your search engine ranking. A good search engine rank means more visibility.
- Attract organic traffic to your website: Another benefit of blogs in business is organic traffic. People visiting your blogs will land on your site if you blog about educating topics and impress them. So, curate highly engaging and interactive blogs to lure traffic. Good blogs will ensure that the traffic also comes on your website and takes an interest in your products or services.
- Portrays that your business is very much running: Posting blogs frequently denotes that your business is alive. Posting blogs on the latest trends assures customers and readers that you have knowledge in that particular domain, and the company is continuously keeping up with the trends.
- Understand the customers better: Posting blogs based on your business domain and the latest updates in that sector helps reach out to the target audience. The readers also share their views and comments on the blogs, which will help you better understand the customer base.
- Let people know about your business updates: Publishing content in the form of press releases helps in reaching out to the customer in an effective and fast way. Through blogs and PR content, a business can also inform the customers or clients about the recent changes or updates in the company.
- Brand awareness: Publishing blogs daily or at least thrice a week works wonders for any business. The two main advantages of publishing blogs are that the readers get to learn something new, and they will check out the blog frequently, which will increase the traffic. Good traffic, along with correctly formatted and curated blogs, will help in improving the search engine rank. Posting blogs frequently will also help in driving customers to land on your website. Either way, blogs help in brand awareness.
Eight reasons to choose social media
- Brand recognition: Most of the people are present on social media and have at least one social media account. Promoting your business (products or services) across various social media channels will help gain more followers and boost brand recognition.
- Excellent customer service: Businesses can use social media to interact with customers and to gain their feedback. Social media can be utilized to trace what customers feel about the brand, and the company can rectify the issues accordingly. You can also chat with the customers or manage their problems through the social media platform.
- Provides proof: Posting social media posts frequently and uploading work culture photos help in increasing trust. An active and good social media page helps boost confidence and proves that the company is not fake.
- Expand network: As thousands of people are present on social media platforms, it is easy to create an extensive network. If a person likes your brand, he (or she) will encourage his (or her) friends and followers to look into your brand. And this gives birth to a vast network of followers. So post engaging posts that will help in setting up a large follower base.
- Manage reputation: Through social media sites, the company can track what people feel and what they are talking about your brand by analyzing the comments. By examining this, the company can manage its reputation and rectify their errors.
- Helps increase website traffic: You can drop a link to the company’s website on your business page on social media. People will come and check. This will help in increasing the traffic flow on your website.
- Reach out to the correct audience: It is necessary not simply to promote your business amongst the masses but to reach out to the right audience. This will help in improving customer retention as well as sales.
- Can run ads and gain new leads: Social media sites have a feature of running ads. So you can promote your brand and reach out to a large group of the target audience by setting up ad campaigns.
How frequently must a business upload blog and social media posts?
The frequency of posting blogs depends on company size, business type, competitor’s analysis, and many more. Carry out competitor analysis and figure out how many blogs they are posting and set your planner accordingly.
In general, small companies can aim towards posting at least 2-3 blogs every week, whereas large companies can try and post a new blog every day.
The main point to remember here is to focus both on quantity and quality. Even if you post content every day, but the quality of content is not up to the mark, then you will not receive much traffic. So always ensure to publish quality and engaging content even if you can post only 2-3 blogs!
If you have the resources, try to post across various social media channels every day. If not, at least try to post at least thrice every week.
Focus more on curating engaging copy and post lines and create attractive graphics to lure the users.
Numerous companies worldwide have started taking the help of the internet to promote their brand and boost their sales. One of the best ways to magnify brand recognition and get a good rank on the search engine is by posting content in the form of blogs and social media posts frequently. Make sure that you make a habit of posting at least 2-3 blogs and 3-4 social media posts weekly to gain proper brand recognition and boost customer base.
1. Why is publishing blogs necessary for a business?
Publishing blogs frequently helps a business to grow tremendously on online platforms. It helps in gaining more traffic and quality customers and helps in boosting the search engine rank.
2. Why is social media important currently?
Most of the population is available on social networking sites. Social media sites can be used to market, promote, or advertise any brand effectively. Within a short period, a company can gain a vast network of followers.
3. How can a business use social media to benefit from it?
Social media can be used to gain brand recognition quickly within a short time. Businesses can also set up ad campaigns to get healthy leads.
4. What role does social media play?
Social media plays an indispensable role in boosting the online presence of any business. Since lakhs of people use social media sites each day, it is one of the best platforms to reach out to a large group of audience within a few days.
5. Do blogs aid in boosting sales?
Blogs help in boosting sales indirectly. Posting more engaging and quality blogs will gain more traffic who will also land on your website and may be interested in your work! That way, you can earn many potential customers.
6. How can one increase blog visibility?
One can increase blog visibility by posting original and well-researched content. Make the content interactive and ensure that you curate engaging content. Add appropriate keywords and maintain correct keyword density. Indulge in proper editing and formatting. And finally, add proper meta-title and meta-description and induce keywords. This will ensure that a good amount of readers land on your webpage, increasing the traffic. More traffic means more visibility. Also, promote your blogs on social media platforms to increase visibility.